Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watching movies on TV App - how can the movie automatically play after rewinding/ fastwording?

Hi,

I’ll try to make sense with this question as much as possible.

So on my iPad 7, I have the TV App where I play downloaded movies/ TV Shows and content synced from my laptop.

I notice that after I rewind/ fast forward on a movie, it doesn’t automatically resume playing and I have to tap the Play button.

This is really a small problem, but I like to know if I can configure it so movies automatically resume playing without having to tap, please.

Sharee

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 6:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 12:51 PM

Hey there Sharee7799,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you have a question about the Apple TV app controls. We're happy to provide some assistance.

As mentioned under the "Rewind or fast-forward" section of Control what’s playing in the Apple TV app:

"Rewind or fast-forward continuously: Press and hold the left or right button to rewind or fast forward, or press either button repeatedly to cycle through rewind or fast-forward speed options (2x, 3x, 4x). Press the center or play button to resume playback."

If you would like to see features added in the future, you can provide Apple feedback here:

Product Feedback

We hope this helps.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2022 12:51 PM in response to Sharee7799

Hey there Sharee7799,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you have a question about the Apple TV app controls. We're happy to provide some assistance.

As mentioned under the "Rewind or fast-forward" section of Control what’s playing in the Apple TV app:

"Rewind or fast-forward continuously: Press and hold the left or right button to rewind or fast forward, or press either button repeatedly to cycle through rewind or fast-forward speed options (2x, 3x, 4x). Press the center or play button to resume playback."

If you would like to see features added in the future, you can provide Apple feedback here:

Product Feedback

We hope this helps.

Have a great day!

Watching movies on TV App - how can the movie automatically play after rewinding/ fastwording?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.