Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to connect my MacBook to my printer

I have a MacBook Pro macOS Monterey 12.1 and for some reason I cannot connect my EPSON workforce

WF-2835 printer . I get an error message that the computer cannot connect to the printer .

I have tried to set up the printer on my computer but still it doesn't work.

Any help please ?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 5:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 8:13 AM

GBgsurg wrote:

I have a MacBook Pro macOS Monterey 12.1 and for some reason I cannot connect my EPSON workforce
WF-2835 printer . I get an error message that the computer cannot connect to the printer .

Any help please ?

Thanks

Solve printing problems on Mac

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/solve-printing-problems-on-mac-mh14002/mac

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2022 8:13 AM in response to GBgsurg

GBgsurg wrote:

Any help please ?

Thanks

Solve printing problems on Mac

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/solve-printing-problems-on-mac-mh14002/mac

Jan 19, 2022 8:45 AM in response to GBgsurg

to participate as a network printer on your home Wi-Fi network for all devices on your Network, the Printer needs to know three things:

1) what network-name is it supposed to join

2) what is the password to get on that network

3) how is it supposed to get an IP address (DHCP or manual at a specified address)

without all three of these, it can't join your home network, so it can't be 'discovered'.

There are basically two ways to get these into the Printer:

a) fat-finger it in through the printer's "front panel"

b) connect using a USB cable first, tell it the stuff, then disconnect the cable

There is one more way, but it is unbearably inconvenient. Leave the USB cable connected and the computer powered on at all times, and print over the network to a queue on the connected computer.

--------

In addition, the path of least resistance is to use the AirPrint Drivers. Again this is part of the cute trick of printing directly from your phone. The problem with that is you get NO Access to printer special features such as alternate paper sizes, two-sided printing, manual feed, and features you paid extra for.

You must take great care to select the full-featured driver intended for Network use, not the (Often default) AirPrint driver.

Unable to connect my MacBook to my printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.