Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't redeem gift card as a foreigner in China

I have apps that I wish to buy in the Chinese App Store. Knowing that WeChat or AliPay won't be possible for me to use, I have resorted to buying an Apple Gift Card (CNY) to top up my Apple ID. However, upon halfway topping up my Apple ID with the Apple Gift Card (CNY), a pop up notification requires me to verify myself using Chinese National ID in order for the process to complete. At this point I am unsure what I need to do.

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 7:29 AM

Alright, so I have contacted Apple Support. It seems that there isn't a way for me to top up since I do not have a Chinese National ID. I also have no means of refunding my gift card as the platform I bought the gift card from won't allow me to due to its policy.

Conclusion, don't buy Apple Gift Card (CNY) for Chinese App Store if you don't have a Chinese National ID with you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2022 7:29 AM in response to Ed1mund2

Alright, so I have contacted Apple Support. It seems that there isn't a way for me to top up since I do not have a Chinese National ID. I also have no means of refunding my gift card as the platform I bought the gift card from won't allow me to due to its policy.

Conclusion, don't buy Apple Gift Card (CNY) for Chinese App Store if you don't have a Chinese National ID with you.

Can't redeem gift card as a foreigner in China

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.