Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t log into iCloud on Mac

Greetings, I haven’t been able to log into iCloud on my MacBook Air since about September 2021 based on the last time my photos shave synced. My password is correct and it just won’t click over. It processes and then just resets like I never entered anything. No error message stating something is wrong. Didn’t think much of it as I don’t use the MacBook that much. But I’m starting to use it again need my photos synced again. Any ideas?? Thank you!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 9:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 10:05 PM

Thanks again for your time. I was able to fix it. But I had to erase the hard drive and reinstall osX El Capitan, then update to Monterey. All is good in the hood and the machine works beautifully once again! Peace.

8 replies

Jan 20, 2022 10:01 AM in response to PRP_53

Appreciate it man. Really appreciate you taking you time to help.

I logged out of iCloud completely (some functions would work, like music or uploading files to iCloud Drive) and tried to log back in. Won’t work. Restarted and shut down the machine multiple times. Didn’t work. Cleared hard drive space of unused items and I installed the latest operating system hoping that was the issue. Tried to log back in and it just won’t connect. I have the option to sign into iCloud as shown in the link. I enter my appleID and it accepts it then gives me the option for my password. I enter the password, the processing wheel in the corner of the window spins and then it just blanks back to the window where I need to enter my appleID again. I’ve even tried entering an incorrect password just to see what it’s actually reading and then I get an error message. So it seems it’s accepting the correct password and trying to process the log in but it just won’t switch on. Aside from completely restoring my computer to factory settings and then reinstalling everything i don’t have a clue. I don’t want to do that because I can’t back up to iCloud. Thanks again.

Can’t log into iCloud on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.