Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backup Drive

Hi everyone,

I just backed up my laptop using Time Machine on my G-DRIVE MOBILE external hard drive.

When opening the drive on my computer, I do not see all my computer files on the drive though, there are only the following folders:

• Applications
  • Library
  • Systems
  • Users

How do I know that all of my work / personal documents etc. are saved for certain?

Thank you so much for your help in advance.

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 7:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 8:14 AM

SarahLeaS wrote:

• Hi everyone,

I just backed up my laptop using Time Machine on my G-DRIVE MOBILE external hard drive.

When opening the drive on my computer, I do not see all my computer files on the drive though, there are only the following folders:

Applications
• Library
• Systems
• Users

How do I know that all of my work / personal documents etc. are saved for certain?

Did you go through the Time Machine interface...

restore items backed up with Time Machine

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/restore-files-mh11422/mac

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2022 8:14 AM in response to SarahLeaS

SarahLeaS wrote:

• Hi everyone,

Applications
• Library
• Systems
• Users

Did you go through the Time Machine interface...

restore items backed up with Time Machine

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/restore-files-mh11422/mac

Backup Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.