Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

change in Photo between uses

When I justopened Photos, it was stuck inside the "Folders" folder and I could get to the overall list. When I finally get it to show all the photos, it will not show the list of folders, etc., on the left of the thumbnails.

Also, more important, it does not show the metadata (by opening the "i") for each photo. Has it lost the titles, dates, etc? Or is this information hidden somewhere. Yargg!

I did not do anything between my last use of the app and today.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 12:20 AM

The sidebar with the folders and albums may be missing, if the Photos Window is too small.

• If Photos is not full screen, try to drag the resize corners to make the window larger.
  • If Photos is in Full Screen mode, enable the option in the View menu "Always show toolbar and sidebar in Full Screen Mode".

If you have changed the resolution of the display switch it back to "More Space"

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2022 12:20 AM in response to snapperblue

The sidebar with the folders and albums may be missing, if the Photos Window is too small.

• If Photos is not full screen, try to drag the resize corners to make the window larger.
  • If Photos is in Full Screen mode, enable the option in the View menu "Always show toolbar and sidebar in Full Screen Mode".

If you have changed the resolution of the display switch it back to "More Space"

change in Photo between uses

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.