Related Article: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone is frozen and can’t turn off what do I do?

I can’t get out of the Amazon white screen to go to nothing. Can receive texts but much later on notification banner. Can’t receive phone calls. Can’t turn off phone loud screech when trying. Help?

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 4:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 4:49 AM

Do a force restart and hopefully your phone will be up and running once again.

Force restart an iPhone with Face ID

To force restart iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 12, or iPhone 13, do the following:

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2022 4:49 AM in response to Questionmary

Do a force restart and hopefully your phone will be up and running once again.

Force restart an iPhone with Face ID

To force restart iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 12, or iPhone 13, do the following:

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Feb 4, 2022 6:07 PM in response to cleopatra128

Depending on your iPhone model:

On an iPhone 8 or later (including the original SE and SE 2020):

• Press and quickly release VOLUME UP
  • Press and quickly release VOLUME DOWN
  • Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears (15-30 seconds), ignoring "slide to power off"

The operative word here is QUICKLY; and try it a couple of times, the timing is a little tricky.

• On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
  • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

My phone is frozen and can’t turn off what do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.