Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Apple's standard warranty still apply for Macbook Pro brought from non-authorized vendor?

I'm in Spain and there's this store than sells Macbook Pros for 15%-20% less than what it retails in Apple Store. It almost sounds too good to be true, but I've done a lot of research and they have really positive reviews and I even know a friend who used them and was happy. Genuine, brand-new products, decent customer service during sales, etc.

I want to buy the 14" Macbook Pro, but I'm just not sure what happens with the warranty. Of course, I'm considering getting the Apple Care on top of that as well, which might resolve any warranty issues, but I' not sure. Can anyone help?

Thank you

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 5:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 8:37 AM

There are several different kinds of stores selling apple products. Those who offer full service are Authorized Apple dealers, and are listed on the Apple web site in your country when you do a search for dealers. Generally a full service dealer must also provide Qualified service (People must be trained and certified). Minimum Volumes for discounts from Apple are over US$250,000/year -- so you must be serious and devoted to this -- it can not a "side business" or part-time.

There are also other arrangements where a company can be a value-added Reseller -- these offer their software/services in a bundle with new MacBooks. This program was intended for companies like those selling, for example, dentist-office software packages, but can sometimes be applied to companies that just add things on and may even run a store-front or online store mainly to sell a modest number of computers. But always with something added on to meet the requirements of the program.

Still others, like colorware.com, do things to your computer (dis-assemble it and paint the outsides) that make a regular warranty impossible. if you have them paint your computer, the original Apple warranty is no good, so they provide a "return to our company for service" warranty. [They buy "bulk" computers without warranty direct from Apple, and can reduce the total cost to you by providing a warranty themselves.]

Before you spend your money ASK the seller you are considering what their warranty coverage looks like:

is it full Apple warranty, good world-wide?

Is it return to seller for service?

is it no warranty at all?

what EXACTLY is it?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2022 8:37 AM in response to sepandee

There are several different kinds of stores selling apple products. Those who offer full service are Authorized Apple dealers, and are listed on the Apple web site in your country when you do a search for dealers. Generally a full service dealer must also provide Qualified service (People must be trained and certified). Minimum Volumes for discounts from Apple are over US$250,000/year -- so you must be serious and devoted to this -- it can not a "side business" or part-time.

There are also other arrangements where a company can be a value-added Reseller -- these offer their software/services in a bundle with new MacBooks. This program was intended for companies like those selling, for example, dentist-office software packages, but can sometimes be applied to companies that just add things on and may even run a store-front or online store mainly to sell a modest number of computers. But always with something added on to meet the requirements of the program.

Still others, like colorware.com, do things to your computer (dis-assemble it and paint the outsides) that make a regular warranty impossible. if you have them paint your computer, the original Apple warranty is no good, so they provide a "return to our company for service" warranty. [They buy "bulk" computers without warranty direct from Apple, and can reduce the total cost to you by providing a warranty themselves.]

Before you spend your money ASK the seller you are considering what their warranty coverage looks like:

is it full Apple warranty, good world-wide?

Is it return to seller for service?

is it no warranty at all?

what EXACTLY is it?

Does Apple's standard warranty still apply for Macbook Pro brought from non-authorized vendor?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.