Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Health did not reset Steps to Zero today. By the time I woke up it showed the same 5000 steps I had taken yesterday. This is messing me up in a huge way. How do I get Rid of that steps count so I get an accurate reading?

How do I reset Apple Health steps to zero for the day since it did not reset itself?

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 6:23 AM

1 reply

Jan 22, 2022 10:58 AM in response to jeriann18

Hey jeriann18,

We see that you want to reset your Health app to zero out your steps, and we'd like to help!

To do this, go to Health app on the iPhone > Tap the 'Today' tab in the lower left corner > Tap the 'Steps' box to open the steps tracking page > Tap 'Show All Data' > Tap the date of the steps count you want to edit > Swipe left on the entry and tap 'Delete' to erase the step counts > Tap 'Done'. 

Please let us know if this helps!

Best regards.

My Apple Health did not reset Steps to Zero today. By the time I woke up it showed the same 5000 steps I had taken yesterday. This is messing me up in a huge way. How do I get Rid of that steps count so I get an accurate reading?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.