Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My right airpod isn’t working working.

i had to get a new charger because my original one wouldn’t work. Now after charging, the right airpod doesn’t work. I tried the test from the setting controls and it doesn’t even recognize that I have both in my ear.

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 7:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 10:26 AM

No luck. The right one doesn’t make the ding when it goes in the ear. No sound out.

9 replies

Jan 21, 2022 5:57 PM in response to lindafrompa

lindafrompa Said:

"My right airpod isn’t working working.: i had to get a new charger because my original one wouldn’t work. Now after charging, the right airpod doesn’t work. I tried the test from the setting controls and it doesn’t even recognize that I have both in my ear."

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods Charging...

A Few Thoughts to Try:

A. Visit Apple Support links:

B. Verify the Balance:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Accessibility
  4. Scroll Down: to Hearing
  5. Adjust: the audio volume balance

C. Also, Clear Out Earwax:

How to Clean your AirPods and EarPods - Apple Support

D. Try the Following Tasks:

• Hold Down the Button on the case for about 15 seconds.

• Use an Apple Brand Cable - not a third party one - cool though it may look, a fabric, third-part cable would likely tear - (Apple cable's are plastic and are intended for Apple)

• Remove the AirPod from the Case, then place it back in the charger. Perhaps it need to resync with he charger.

Jan 21, 2022 5:43 PM in response to lindafrompa

lindafrompa Said:

"My right airpod isn’t working working.: i had to get a new charger because my original one wouldn’t work. Now after charging, the right airpod doesn’t work. I tried the test from the setting controls and it doesn’t even recognize that I have both in my ear."

-------

Update your iPhone. Perhaps it is no more than a Firmware issue?

Determining if an Update will Install:

How to do so...

A. Verify Compatibility:

Identify your iPhone model. The first thing that comes to mind in incompatibility being the culprit. So, confirm the model of your iPhone. If iPhone model is incompatible with iOS13 and/or iOS14 and/or iOS15 then it is because you iPhone does not meet the hardware requirements for this iOS version(s).

B. If Compatible...

1. Back Up First:

IMPORTANT: If you have an option to update, however, then be certain you backup your iPhone first. That way, you will have something to restore your iPhone from should anything go wrong with the update

then...

2. Proceed with the Update:

Go Here:  Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

Jan 21, 2022 10:15 AM in response to lindafrompa

it is a good sign it is being recognized in the charger. normally with AirPods not being coupled together, it is a sign of a firmware problem.

What you want to try to do is listen to music on one that is working for at least a minute

Put Both Airpods into the case

Close the lid

Connect Charger to power

Leave the lid closed connected to power keep the iPhone near the case

Once that is up you can next try to go through the reset airpods steps

open case lid, go into settings- bluetooth- airpods- forget the device

press and hold the setup button for 15 seconds and let go

My right airpod isn’t working working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.