Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just upgraded to 200 GB of storage an turned on family sharing which my wife has joined. If we now cancel her 50 GB of storage will everything she has automatically move into the shared?

I have 50 GB of purchased storage from Apple and so does my wife. I just upgraded to 200 GB of storage an turned on family sharing which my wife has joined. If we now cancel her 50 GB of storage will everything she has automatically move into the 200 GB of shared storage?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 11:26 AM

Her data stays where it is and continues to be accessed in the same way via her Apple ID. Only the billing and amount of storage available changes. Also see the information in Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support including the following:

If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud+ plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2022 11:26 AM in response to wifesaidsellit

Her data stays where it is and continues to be accessed in the same way via her Apple ID. Only the billing and amount of storage available changes. Also see the information in Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support including the following:

If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud+ plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time.

I just upgraded to 200 GB of storage an turned on family sharing which my wife has joined. If we now cancel her 50 GB of storage will everything she has automatically move into the shared?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.