Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Parental controls

I am passing along an old cell phone to an elderly relative. We need to to use parental controls. Do I set this up from my own phone or from the phone (my old phone) that she will be using? I have already set up an Apple ID on the relatives phone

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 11:56 AM

You should add her to a family sharing group, and set it up that way, on your phone via the Screen Time feature. Set up parental controls with Family Sharing on iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

May end up working out better, since if you aren’t always physically with her, then this way you should be able to change settings remotely.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2022 11:56 AM in response to Vickiclev

You should add her to a family sharing group, and set it up that way, on your phone via the Screen Time feature. Set up parental controls with Family Sharing on iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

May end up working out better, since if you aren’t always physically with her, then this way you should be able to change settings remotely.

Parental controls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.