Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photos

In iCloud Photos on my MacBook (MacOS Big Sur), Photos has two options, one for Photos and one for Moments. They both show they have the same number of photos, but under Moments, they go back to 2002, and under Photos, they only go back to 2010. I cannot find the pictures older than 2010 when in the Photos option.

I am probably just doing something wrong, but cannot figure it out.

I did notice that the pictures are not necessarily in order by date.

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 12:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 12:34 PM

I sort of figured out the problem. When viewing iCloud photos under the Photos selection, the pictures are not in order by Date Taken. Not exactly sure what order they use, but it is somewhat random.

In general, the older pictures are first and the newer pictures are last, but there will be a picture that was taken on 2007 next to a pictures that was taken in 2020.

But, all the pictures do show ups under both selections. The Moments selection is in order by date taken.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2022 12:34 PM in response to BMWR69S

I sort of figured out the problem. When viewing iCloud photos under the Photos selection, the pictures are not in order by Date Taken. Not exactly sure what order they use, but it is somewhat random.

In general, the older pictures are first and the newer pictures are last, but there will be a picture that was taken on 2007 next to a pictures that was taken in 2020.

But, all the pictures do show ups under both selections. The Moments selection is in order by date taken.

Jan 22, 2022 4:12 PM in response to BMWR69S

Hello BMWR69S,

We see that you're having some trouble with how your Photos and Moments are being displayed.

First, could we please have you confirm if you notice specific photos missing from your Photos library or are you just seeing different dates?

It's possible that Moments is using the date the photo was taken and Photos is showing the import date.

Cheers!

iCloud Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.