Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

time machine backups

despite using an external hard drive, time machine has stored 93 gb of backups on my internal hard drive. the hard drive is 'full' and i cant access any of it to erase it. how can i 1) make time machine use the external hd and 2) erase the backups from the disk that is full?

MacBook Air

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 8:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 9:31 PM

Hey rudi156. You can select which disk Time Machine backs up to. For more information, see here: Back up your Mac with Time Machine

I'm assuming that you have a partition set up on your Mac's hard drive for your current Time Machine backups. You can delete partitions using the following resource as a guide. See under, "Delete a partition." Partition a physical disk in Disk Utility on Mac

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2022 9:31 PM in response to rudi156

Hey rudi156. You can select which disk Time Machine backs up to. For more information, see here: Back up your Mac with Time Machine

I'm assuming that you have a partition set up on your Mac's hard drive for your current Time Machine backups. You can delete partitions using the following resource as a guide. See under, "Delete a partition." Partition a physical disk in Disk Utility on Mac

Cheers.

time machine backups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.