Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ask to buy option not in settings

I’m the organiser of family sharing for my 3 kids. I have always had ask to buy enabled. My 10 year old son just came to show me he can now download apps without my permission. I went back into settings to turn ask to buy back on and the option has disappeared from family settings. I’ve still got share purchases turned on, all my kids names are still there and I am still the organiser - there is just no option at all for ask to buy, it just doesn’t exist. Help!

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 11:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 12:00 AM

Make sure you're using a supported device

You need iOS 8 or later on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and OS X Yosemite or later on your Mac to set up or join a Family Sharing group. When you try to make a purchase on an unsupported device, you'll still be asked to request permission.

If Ask to Buy isn't working - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2022 12:00 AM in response to nel2407

Make sure you're using a supported device

You need iOS 8 or later on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and OS X Yosemite or later on your Mac to set up or join a Family Sharing group. When you try to make a purchase on an unsupported device, you'll still be asked to request permission.

If Ask to Buy isn't working - Apple Support

Ask to buy option not in settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.