Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Full Screen Caller ID not working

Hi There,

I have changed the Phone settings to use Fullscreen Caller ID and i have set a Caller ID photo for my contact as well. After applying this settings, if the specfic caller call's me i see a Full screen display photo of that caller. However, from second call onwards if the same caller or any other caller call's, i see a banner display always. I checked the setting and its set to Full screen only. Please help to resolve this bug.

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 12:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 1:28 AM

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other.

You need to do this for each contact. The process initially may seem weird but works well.

1. Open a contact
  2. Click Edit
  3. Click Edit below the Picture
  4. Select Edit Photo
  5. Move the Circle around the image (just move randomly, a bit)
  6. Choose Photo
  7. Click Done
  8. Next time you receive a call from this contact, it will be full screen!!!!

Watch the GIF below

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2022 1:28 AM in response to Uday_Shivankar

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other.

You need to do this for each contact. The process initially may seem weird but works well.

1. Open a contact
  2. Click Edit
  3. Click Edit below the Picture
  4. Select Edit Photo
  5. Move the Circle around the image (just move randomly, a bit)
  6. Choose Photo
  7. Click Done
  8. Next time you receive a call from this contact, it will be full screen!!!!

Watch the GIF below

Full Screen Caller ID not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.