Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync two Apple watches

I have a W5 and a W7. can I wear one for activity and one for dress and have the data synced so I don't loose track of steps etc on my phone? Will the same data show on both watches, i.e will my morning steps show on my evening watch? I obviously only wear one at a time. Thanks

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 6:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 6:27 AM

Use more than one Apple Watch with your iPhone

Pair more than one Apple Watch

You can pair another Apple Watch in the same way you paired your first one. Bring your iPhone near your Apple Watch, wait for the Apple Watch pairing screen to appear on your iPhone, then tap Pair. Or follow these steps:

1. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
  2. Tap My Watch, then tap All Watches at the top of the screen.
  3. Tap Add Watch, then follow the onscreen instructions.

See the Apple Support article Use more than one Apple Watch with your iPhone.

To learn how to set up a watch for someone in your Family Sharing group, see Set up Apple Watch for a family member.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2022 6:27 AM in response to RDB-2011

Use more than one Apple Watch with your iPhone

Pair more than one Apple Watch

You can pair another Apple Watch in the same way you paired your first one. Bring your iPhone near your Apple Watch, wait for the Apple Watch pairing screen to appear on your iPhone, then tap Pair. Or follow these steps:

1. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
  2. Tap My Watch, then tap All Watches at the top of the screen.
  3. Tap Add Watch, then follow the onscreen instructions.

See the Apple Support article Use more than one Apple Watch with your iPhone.

To learn how to set up a watch for someone in your Family Sharing group, see Set up Apple Watch for a family member.

Jan 22, 2022 8:11 AM in response to RDB-2011

This was on the page that I linked to and you didn't read;

Switch between watches

Only one Apple Watch can be active at a time. To switch, take off your current watch, put on another one, then raise your wrist or move your arm. watchOS doesn't support wearing two watches at once, and it doesn't support sharing watches between multiple users at the same time. 

Your watches share Activity and Workout information, so your progress automatically updates after you switch. If you put on a different watch to work out, you can still see all your steps, stand credit and exercise credit for the day. Depending on how much information needs to sync, it might take a minute for you to see all your progress.

Sync two Apple watches

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.