Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My AirPod pros disconnect and get static

I’ve read forms to fix the issue but the issue continues. My right AirPod pros disconnect and get static, I am unable to listen to music for more than 15 mins at a time. The only way for my AirPods to connect to my phone is if the AirPods is touching or within inches of each other. I can’t walk 2feet without loosing signal away from case or phone. Sometimes I loose signal when both are in my pocket, I’ve tried everything. Please help.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 2:08 AM

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your AirPods.

First, confirm you are running iOS 15.2.1. If you are not, update your iPhone. AirPods can only update their firmware version through the paired iPhone running the latest iOS version.

If you are updated, I would recommend resetting your AirPods while resetting your network settings on your iPhone.

When iPhone restarts, complete the pairing process again and confirm if the issue persists.

• Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings

If that does not resolve your issue, I would recommend contacting Apple Support for further assistance.

Hope this helps.

Resources

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2022 2:08 AM in response to Pepperoni-Baby

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your AirPods.

First, confirm you are running iOS 15.2.1. If you are not, update your iPhone. AirPods can only update their firmware version through the paired iPhone running the latest iOS version.

If you are updated, I would recommend resetting your AirPods while resetting your network settings on your iPhone.

When iPhone restarts, complete the pairing process again and confirm if the issue persists.

• Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings

If that does not resolve your issue, I would recommend contacting Apple Support for further assistance.

Hope this helps.

Resources

My AirPod pros disconnect and get static

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.