Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my ipad

Hi there I lost my iPad a couple weeks ago while traveling. I got an email asking for my lock code info- does that mean someone trying to access

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 4:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 4:42 PM

Someone either found or stole your iPad. The email is probably asking for your Apple ID password because the finder/thief has run into the Activation Lock. That person needs the password to remove the Activation Lock so that the iPad can be used or sold etc. Do not provide any information to anyone related to this iPad. Let the Activation Lock remain on that iPad so that i cannot be used by anyone else.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2022 4:42 PM in response to Farmer5554

Someone either found or stole your iPad. The email is probably asking for your Apple ID password because the finder/thief has run into the Activation Lock. That person needs the password to remove the Activation Lock so that the iPad can be used or sold etc. Do not provide any information to anyone related to this iPad. Let the Activation Lock remain on that iPad so that i cannot be used by anyone else.

Axel F.

I lost my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.