Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery warning

My phone is displaying a warning message that says “Unable to verify this iPhone has a genuine Apple battery. Health information not available for this battery.” This iPhone has never been repaired. It is a one year old iPhone 12 mini. I bought this iPhone new from Verizon. Is this a known issue? The phone does not appear to be charging since the message appeared.

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 5:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 5:15 PM

▷ Follow these helpful steps here.

▷ Battery performance guide.

If the battery health somehow manages to fall below 80%, get expert service and support at the Genius Bar.

▷ Call 1-800-MY-APPLE or get help here. 

2 replies

Jan 22, 2022 5:31 PM in response to ClaytonR2507

It can happen, even with a completely original iPhone that has never been opened after it left the factory. The message comes when there's any kind pairing disconnection with the battery. I understand that even installation a genuine Apple OEM salvage part from another iPhone will trigger that message, or if an Apple technician or Apple Authorized Service Provider forgets to use the equipment that "pairs" the battery to the logic board.

You can get that checked and then reset at an Apple Store, Apple Authorized Service Provider, or maybe through mail-in service with Apple. I don't believe this is something that can be reset remotely. If you have access to an Apple Store, that may be the best option since they likely won't charge for a diagnostic, and in my experience they can provide many fixes for free - even out of warranty - as long as they don't require extensive repair parts.

Battery warning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.