Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPrint

Why am I getting “no AirPrinters found” when I was always able to print from my iPhone and iPad? I have done everything as explained in printer, and yes it is on same WiFi network.

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 6:07 PM

8 replies

Feb 8, 2022 8:28 AM in response to RobinFrith

First, does the printer support AirPrint directly? See this article for a list of printers that do→About AirPrint - Apple Support

If the printer supports AirPrint then the Mac is not needed; the iOS devices should be able to find the printer as long as it is on the same Wi-Fi network that the iOS devices are connected to. If it doesn’t you need to troubleshoot the AirPrint connection.

If the printer is not AirPrint compatible you need an app on your Mac that emulates AirPrint. And if you have an M1 Mac you probably need an app that is specifically for Apple silicon. I just checked, and the one I use, Printopia supports both Intel and Apple silicon, but if you have it already you may need to update.

AirPrint

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.