Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS/System Data Storage Inaccurate

How do I make it take up less space? And how do I make it accurately display the storage because I’ve summed up everything and it shouldn’t take up that much space.

My iPhone is up to date with the 15.2.1 version. It’s the SE 2020 model. I’ve restarted my phone several times and it didn’t work. Don’t know if it helps or if it’s the problem but my free iCloud storage is full.

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 7:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 7:47 PM

(1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(2)  If the above does not work then - I recommend that you place your iPhone in ➡️ Recovery Mode and Set it up again with the use of a computer. Before putting your iPhone in Recovery Mode, ensure that you have a ➡️ Backup of your iPhone created on your Computer. After the recovery mode operation has been completed then you can ➡️ Restore your iPhone from that backup on your computer.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2022 7:47 PM in response to ahomosapien

(1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(2)  If the above does not work then - I recommend that you place your iPhone in ➡️ Recovery Mode and Set it up again with the use of a computer. Before putting your iPhone in Recovery Mode, ensure that you have a ➡️ Backup of your iPhone created on your Computer. After the recovery mode operation has been completed then you can ➡️ Restore your iPhone from that backup on your computer.

Axel F.

iOS/System Data Storage Inaccurate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.