Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I set up multiple user accounts to share one iphone 13?

I need to borrow an iPhone 13 from someone for a couple days. I want to sign out of the other person's user and not be able to see his data. Sign in with my account, take some pictures. Sign out of my account and return the phone to my friend without him being able to access my data.

Is that possible? Is it too complicated? I want the process to occur without having to delete any files on the phone.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 6:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 7:27 AM

It is a lot more complicated than you think it is. If you are not tech-savvy do not even attempt it

Note: All data will be available to you in spite of signing out of the Apple ID and signing in with your Apple ID.

The only possibility that I can see is,

1. Back up your friend's data. Take a backup of the device on iTunes or iCloud.
  2. Erase the device. Follow this process --> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade-in your iPhone ...
  3. Once erased Sign in with your Apple ID and use the device as long as your friend allows it.
  4. Then Take the back of the device on iTunes or iCloud. Ensure the old backup is archived and stored separately
  5. Restore the device from the Old backup and hand over the device to your friend.

Now your data is stored separately on a separate backup. Use it whenever you have your device.

Note: If you are not careful, backups will be overwritten and your friend will lose all his data forever.

How to create Multiple Backups for the same device.

1. On iTunes Click on Manage Backups
  2. Right Click on a Backup and Click Archive
  3. Click Backup Now.
  4. You will see a fresh backup will get created See the GIF below

1. Restore from Backup dated (Archived)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2022 7:27 AM in response to dariuchi

It is a lot more complicated than you think it is. If you are not tech-savvy do not even attempt it

Note: All data will be available to you in spite of signing out of the Apple ID and signing in with your Apple ID.

The only possibility that I can see is,

1. Back up your friend's data. Take a backup of the device on iTunes or iCloud.
  2. Erase the device. Follow this process --> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade-in your iPhone ...
  3. Once erased Sign in with your Apple ID and use the device as long as your friend allows it.
  4. Then Take the back of the device on iTunes or iCloud. Ensure the old backup is archived and stored separately
  5. Restore the device from the Old backup and hand over the device to your friend.

Now your data is stored separately on a separate backup. Use it whenever you have your device.

Note: If you are not careful, backups will be overwritten and your friend will lose all his data forever.

How to create Multiple Backups for the same device.

1. On iTunes Click on Manage Backups
  2. Right Click on a Backup and Click Archive
  3. Click Backup Now.
  4. You will see a fresh backup will get created See the GIF below

1. Restore from Backup dated (Archived)

Can I set up multiple user accounts to share one iphone 13?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.