Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Vintage EQ plugins causing audiable delays?

When loading an instance of any of the three Vintage EQ plugins onto an audio track in Logic Pro 10.7.2, the audio I have playing on that track (in this instance, an Apple Loop), is played out of time with any other audio tracks in the project, especially as I scroll through the Vintage EQs factory presets. Why?

Under the General tab in Logics Audio Preferences, Plugin Latency Compensation is enabled (set to 'All') and this timing shift doesn't seem to happen with any of Logics other audio plugins, so why is it happening on just the three Vintage EQs and how can I stop it?

Many thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 1:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 2:29 PM

Linear Phase EQ mode introduces an additional latency compared to natural mode. To compensate latency you have to stop the playback, then start again. This not only affects this type of plugins, but this is how latency compensation works.

3 replies

Jan 30, 2022 2:09 PM in response to yoyoBen

The Vintage EQ plugins are open, yes, but it’s when I’m changing presets that the audio goes out of time. I seem to have answered my question via a post I’d seem recently mentioning that it’s the output stage of the plug-in that causes the audio to go out of time if the the output phase is set to Linear instead of Natural, so I looked in the user guide and it does indeed seem to be that.

Vintage EQ plugins causing audiable delays?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.