Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some applications are not working with mobile data.

Good evening to whoever responds,

Some of my apps on my phone doesn't work on mobile data, such as:

Youtube

Discord

Snapchat

Twitter

Google Chrome has SafeSearch automatically locked.

and others apps on my phone.

I tried to turn off and on my mobile data, reset my phone, network reset my phone, my airplane mode is off. All these options and the problem still persists.

Is there any way that I can have these apps actually connect and have them work on mobile data?

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 4:23 PM

6 replies

Feb 17, 2022 9:08 AM in response to borte6

I somewhat fixed my issue. I have to reset my network settings on my iPhone (General > Reset > Reset network settings) whenever it does that. Frustratingly, it occurs often, so I find myself resetting network settings once every other day. If it doesn’t work, I try resetting the network settings on my phone again, and it lets me.

It seems this issue has occurred to some users years back, but they were fixed through updates. Not sure if Apple is aware of this problem.

Feb 21, 2022 3:39 PM in response to 1y0bose

Hey OP and whoever who sees this,

I definitely recommend calling your phone provider. Today, resetting network settings on my phone stopped fixing the issue, so I ended up calling my phone service provider. Mine is T-Mobile, and I told them politely about the issue I was having (explaining that with cellular data, I wasn't able to access most apps or sites). Kindness and cheerfulness really is the key to making sure it goes smooth as possible.

The first person on the line just asked me stuff like whether I was the main handler of the account, the apps that it worked or didn't work on. They initially suggested upgrading to a plan, but I replied it wasn't a matter of speed, it was that I couldn't connect to sites, period. Eventually, they asked if I had child's block on it or parental controls, and I answered I didn't. My father, the handler, also wasn't aware of such a thing.

After troubleshooting, they linked me up to tech support. They had me shift the call to a different phone number. I borrowed my sister's phone, they called me on that number immediately, and they had me hang up on my actual phone. They had me turn my phone's airplane mode on for about thirty seconds while they did things on their end, talking through the process.

Loe and behold: for some reason, child's block WAS on my account for some reason. They were able to turn it off.

I definitely suggest kindly getting in touch with your phone service providers. If you guys have T-Mobile, it's possible that this is the issue that's occurring. They mentioned that they've been experiencing a number of customers who had the same issue. Be kind to customer service, and I hope my method helps anyone who finds this thread.

Some applications are not working with mobile data.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.