Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mobile data issues

My mobile for certain apps gets switched off automatically though i switch on mobile data for that particular app from the settings. Because of this im unable to use mobile data for certain apps like appstore, youtube, googlemaps and ubereats. Mobile data works fine with other apps like whatsapp. Please help me to sort this out.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 10:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 11:33 AM

Hello geeth1919,

Thank you for contacting the Apple Support Community! We understand cellular data is being turned off unexpectedly for certain apps on your iPhone. We'll be happy to help with this.

For this issue, make sure your iPhone and the apps in question are up to date:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update apps or use automatic downloads

Make sure carrier settings are up to date as well:

Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad

If you still have issues, try deleting the apps in question, restarting your iPhone, then reinstalling:

Restart your iPhone

Take Care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2020 11:33 AM in response to geeth1919

Hello geeth1919,

Thank you for contacting the Apple Support Community! We understand cellular data is being turned off unexpectedly for certain apps on your iPhone. We'll be happy to help with this.

For this issue, make sure your iPhone and the apps in question are up to date:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update apps or use automatic downloads

Make sure carrier settings are up to date as well:

Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad

If you still have issues, try deleting the apps in question, restarting your iPhone, then reinstalling:

Restart your iPhone

Take Care!

Mobile data issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.