Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie will not convert a current project to MP4.

The Share menu on the top right shows 4 icons, but none of them are active. I have always exported or shared my projects and now iMovie 10.3.1 will not share or allow exporting of project to MP4. This happens on two iMacs both running OS12.1. Anyone have the solution? I have reinstalled the app, created a new library, reset the app preferences and everything I could find in the support groups.

Thanks for any help.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 6:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 9:59 PM

By default, iMovie exports everything as Mp4 at all settings except Best Quality (pro res), that exports as a .mov file.

If the export icons are not showing it might be due to a corrupt preference. Try deleting preferences. Open iMovie while holding down the Option and Comand keys. iMovie will open in a new blank library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if you can export.

— Rich

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2022 9:59 PM in response to Aileron

By default, iMovie exports everything as Mp4 at all settings except Best Quality (pro res), that exports as a .mov file.

If the export icons are not showing it might be due to a corrupt preference. Try deleting preferences. Open iMovie while holding down the Option and Comand keys. iMovie will open in a new blank library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if you can export.

— Rich

iMovie will not convert a current project to MP4.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.