Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accepting New iCloud Terms and Conditions

I am having trouble accepting the Apple New iCloud T&Cs on my iMac

I keep getting prompted to accept, and when I tick the 'I have read and agree to the iCloud T&Cs' and hit Agree, nothing seems to happen and it continues to prompt me to agree to the new T&Cs

Does anyone have a solution or a fix for this please?

iMac, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 9:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 9:30 PM

DCmelb2022 Said:

"Accepting New iCloud Terms and Conditions: [...]it continues to prompt me to agree to the new T&Cs Does anyone have a solution or a fix for this please?"

-------

Troubleshoot the Mac's Wi-Fi:

A few thoughts to try...

I. Clear the Temporary Internet Files:

II. Restart your Router:

1. Power: off the router
  2. Wait: 30 seconds
  3. Power: It back on

III. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install. For instructions, go here: How to Use safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

IV. Try a New Admin User:

What happens when you create a new administrator user, and log into it? Do you still get this error? If not, then it is likely an error with the current user. If so, then it is likely an error with your Mac.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2022 9:30 PM in response to DCmelb2022

DCmelb2022 Said:

"Accepting New iCloud Terms and Conditions: [...]it continues to prompt me to agree to the new T&Cs Does anyone have a solution or a fix for this please?"

-------

Troubleshoot the Mac's Wi-Fi:

A few thoughts to try...

I. Clear the Temporary Internet Files:

II. Restart your Router:

1. Power: off the router
  2. Wait: 30 seconds
  3. Power: It back on

III. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install. For instructions, go here: How to Use safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

IV. Try a New Admin User:

What happens when you create a new administrator user, and log into it? Do you still get this error? If not, then it is likely an error with the current user. If so, then it is likely an error with your Mac.

Jan 28, 2022 5:59 PM in response to DCmelb2022

DCmelb2022 Said:

"Thanks, however none of this has worked. Despite clicking agree many times, it still isnt accepted... any other conflicts maybe, logins on other devices. is dual factor authentication necessary to do this? Thanks!"

-------

Enabling of 2FA on your Devices:

Only if set up, would you be getting Two-Factor Authentication notifications for login prompts. So, if already enabled, then enable it on your Mac and other devices. Go Here: Set up two-factor authentication - Apple Support. If not enabled, then a login prompt would be unnecessary. Note that if you decide to enable it, you can never disabled it in the future (that's the rule, as of this post).

Accepting New iCloud Terms and Conditions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.