Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro goes blank when battery hits 20% to 25%

Bought my MBP in June 2017. The battery has been showing a message to say "The battery capacity is significantly reduced. To restore capacity please check your service options.". Laptop works fine but suddenly screen goes blank when battery discharges to around 20%. I then have to charge it for some time and then it works fine again. Bit surprised to see the battery warning message for a system that is just over 4.5 years old. Is this normal and is the only option to replace battery?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 4:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 9:14 AM

TTS777 wrote:

Bought my MBP in June 2017. The battery has been showing a message to say "The battery capacity is significantly reduced. To restore capacity please check your service options.". Laptop works fine but suddenly screen goes blank when battery discharges to around 20%. I then have to charge it for some time and then it works fine again. Bit surprised to see the battery warning message for a system that is just over 4.5 years old. Is this normal and is the only option to replace battery?

Get help with your Mac notebook battery

Learn how to optimize the life of the battery in your Mac notebook, fix battery issues, and get service.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204054

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2022 9:14 AM in response to TTS777

TTS777 wrote:

Get help with your Mac notebook battery

Learn how to optimize the life of the battery in your Mac notebook, fix battery issues, and get service.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204054

MacBook Pro goes blank when battery hits 20% to 25%

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.