Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to repair an iphone from itunes if I cannot unlock the phone because the screen is frozen black?

My phone is frozen. The screen is black. The phone will ring, but I can't answer because the screen remains black. I've tried to restart using the volume up, volume down hold the power button to no avail. The battery is good and it's fully charged. I am wondering if it's possible to do a reset via itunes if I can't unlock the stupid phone? Because of the screen, I can't make the phone discoverable to the pc.

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 9:46 AM

katiembs wrote:

My phone is frozen. The screen is black. The phone will ring, but I can't answer because the screen remains black. I've tried to restart using the volume up, volume down hold the power button to no avail. The battery is good and it's fully charged. I am wondering if it's possible to do a reset via itunes if I can't unlock the stupid phone? Because of the screen, I can't make the phone discoverable to the pc.

Double check you're using the correct buttons If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2022 9:46 AM in response to katiembs

katiembs wrote:

Double check you're using the correct buttons If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

Is it possible to repair an iphone from itunes if I cannot unlock the phone because the screen is frozen black?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.