Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an Itunes account, but I haven't accessed it in a couple of years. How do I access my music? I do have all my music on an original 32GB Ipod.

I have an Itunes account, but I haven't accessed it in a couple of years. How do I access my music?

I do have all my music on an original 32GB Ipod.

iPod Touch

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 12:38 AM

If your music was in an iTunes Library on your computer, you should be able to access it there.

Specifically:

• if you purchased music from the iTunes Store, but it's not in your iTunes library, make sure that you have signed into your account with the store, in iTunes
  • music that you added to your iTunes Library from CDs should still be in your iTunes library. You do not need an iTunes account to access that music
  • purchases from other online stores (such as Amazon and Bandcamp etc.) should also still be in your library. If they are not, you should be able to download them again from your account with that specific store

If you cannot remember your password to your account, there should be a link to "I've forgotten my password". Follow that link.

If you no longer have access to the iTunes library that had all your music in it, one option is to recover the music from your iPod. For more detail on that, see this tip from user tt2: Recover your iTunes library from your iPo… - Apple Community. The other option is to re-build your library by going back to your original sources.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2022 12:38 AM in response to Nickbonnaconny

If your music was in an iTunes Library on your computer, you should be able to access it there.

Specifically:

• if you purchased music from the iTunes Store, but it's not in your iTunes library, make sure that you have signed into your account with the store, in iTunes
  • music that you added to your iTunes Library from CDs should still be in your iTunes library. You do not need an iTunes account to access that music
  • purchases from other online stores (such as Amazon and Bandcamp etc.) should also still be in your library. If they are not, you should be able to download them again from your account with that specific store

If you cannot remember your password to your account, there should be a link to "I've forgotten my password". Follow that link.

If you no longer have access to the iTunes library that had all your music in it, one option is to recover the music from your iPod. For more detail on that, see this tip from user tt2: Recover your iTunes library from your iPo… - Apple Community. The other option is to re-build your library by going back to your original sources.

I have an Itunes account, but I haven't accessed it in a couple of years. How do I access my music? I do have all my music on an original 32GB Ipod.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.