Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

update to os Monterey

I sign in as administrator to update to os Monterey. I click to continue update and it again asks me to sign in as administrator again. I have the correct password. I do not know how to fix this.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 7:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 2:11 AM

Apple has made some changes to the upGrade process and it appears to function much like the iOS for iPhones and iPads.

That being to commence the Download of the macOS upGrade to Montery, one is presented with the Log In to verify you have Control of the computer.

Then, again like in iOS upgrades, before the actual installation commences, a secondary log in with Computer password is required.

At least that is how it has worked with my setup on 3 different Apple Computer and since Big Sur.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2022 2:11 AM in response to iambelladog

Apple has made some changes to the upGrade process and it appears to function much like the iOS for iPhones and iPads.

That being to commence the Download of the macOS upGrade to Montery, one is presented with the Log In to verify you have Control of the computer.

Then, again like in iOS upgrades, before the actual installation commences, a secondary log in with Computer password is required.

At least that is how it has worked with my setup on 3 different Apple Computer and since Big Sur.

update to os Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.