Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Small vibrations when charging Macbook Air 2020

I can feel small vibrations when I run my fingers in the area above the keyboard, below the screen only when charging. I've tried a few electrical outlets, extension cords and it isn't consistent. Sometimes the vibrations are there, sometimes they aren't. They aren't particularly painful, just alarming. I'm also worried it might reduce the lifespan of my battery? I do keep it charged most of the time because I've read in apple support that when charged to 100%, the mac bypasses the battery and gets power from the adapter which reduces power cycle and prolongs battery lifespan. I tried contacting Apple support, and they said it has something to do with my fan and asked me to reset SMC. That didn't help the issue. I just bought this macbook 7 days ago, never been dropped. Just worried my macbook might be broken and I need to have it replaced. Thanks for your help!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 6:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 10:32 AM

Ideally, please contact Apple to ask if you should have that Mac, its power adapter, and its cable evaluated: Start a repair request.

For a long and boringly detailed technical explanation, please refer to this Discussion: Sensation on Macbook.

Similar questions

1 reply

Small vibrations when charging Macbook Air 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.