Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 15.2 - weird behaviour

Hello everyone,

I have weird problems with safari (not using chrome - only for development). It random reloads page or goes back in history (like when you click back button). Its frustrating because it can happens when you are on page and typing something and suddenly your page is reloaded or goes back in history (visits previous page).

I thought it had something with old mac I had (macbook pro 15 2018), but I bought new one (16 M1 Pro) and problems still exist. Then I thought it has something to do with my Logitech MX Master 2s mouse (I had weird situations because of logitech sw). So I bought new one, Master 3 for mac where is newer sw - Options+. Nothing. So I tried to turn off my mouse and use macbook with trackpad and what I found is, that this behaviour is still there, but less frequently, like much less.

Did you experience this weird behaviour? I cant find any post about it.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 11:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 1:37 PM

Hello LadIQe,

Thanks for following up. We wanted to ask, when you set up your new Mac did you install a backup from your old one? It's possible the issue is software related and could have been transferred through your backup.

Since the issue persists while in safe mode, you may want to try following the suggestions listed under section: If the issue continues in safe mode from article, How to use safe mode on your Mac.

If the issue continues after a clean macOS install, reaching out to Apple Support would be your next step. You can contact them directly at Get Support.

Best wishes.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2022 1:37 PM in response to LadIQe

Hello LadIQe,

Thanks for following up. We wanted to ask, when you set up your new Mac did you install a backup from your old one? It's possible the issue is software related and could have been transferred through your backup.

Since the issue persists while in safe mode, you may want to try following the suggestions listed under section: If the issue continues in safe mode from article, How to use safe mode on your Mac.

If the issue continues after a clean macOS install, reaching out to Apple Support would be your next step. You can contact them directly at Get Support.

Best wishes.

Jan 25, 2022 5:10 PM in response to LadIQe

Hello LadIQe,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're running into issues with Safari on your new Mac. It sounds as though you've tried several different troubleshooting actions, and the issue persists. Have you considered starting your MacBook into safe mode to see if the issue persists? If not, give that a try and test it while in safe mode, and once again after a normal restart.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Let us know if this helps!

Best regards.

Safari 15.2 - weird behaviour

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.