Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with my mac speaker

When I play something on my Mac Air, there is a buzzing sound that occurs from the left speakers. I am not sure why? It's a new laptop and I have not dropped it, or anything on it. What can I do?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 10:38 AM

1 reply

Jan 26, 2022 1:54 PM in response to samha48

Hey there, samha48!

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We understand you're having an issue with a buzzing sound from your left speaker. We'd like to help.

Let's first make sure your Mac is up-to-date. Here's how you can check, if you're not aware: Update macOS on Mac

If your Mac is plugged in when this happens, let's have you try a different power outlet as well to rule out electrical interference.

Lastly, if the issue still continues after completing the above, we'd recommend visiting your local Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Store. You can find them here: Find Locations

If you would like help in locating service, contact our Apple Support team: Contact Apple Support

That should help.

Take care!

Problem with my mac speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.