Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems importing CDs onto Macbook Pro using a Mac superdrive: "Error occurred while importing the file [song name]. The required file cannot be found."

Hi there, I saw that others have posted similar questions in the past, but the suggestions on those threads did not solve my problem. When importing CDs into iTunes (O.S. 10.14.6), I have suddenly started encountering this problem. The drive will start importing files, and then abruptly eject the CD, and the error message will appear: "Error occurred while importing the file [track name). The required file could not be found." I've tried a number of things, but nothing has worked. The drive imports some CDs with no problem, but this has started happening more often than not. I've never had this problem until recently. At first I thought it was a defective disc, but now that it's happened so frequently, that seems unlikely. Does this seem like a software problem or a problem with the superdrive? Or with the computer hardware? Thank you!--Eli

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 11:12 AM

I would tend to suspect the drive. Can you test it on another machine, or another drive with yours?

tt2

Similar questions

2 replies

Problems importing CDs onto Macbook Pro using a Mac superdrive: "Error occurred while importing the file [song name]. The required file cannot be found."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.