Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music Player - Corrupted Files

Hello

I have successfully used the Music application on my MacBook Air for a number of years to copy CDs from my collection so I can play the on my laptop, iPad and iPhone.

For no apparent reason however, a fault has developed so that when I now attempt the copying process, the CD I have just copied does not play. Instead an alert appears informing that the file is corrupted. Also the list of tracks displayed in the Music application for this CD has tracks missing despite all of them being selected when copying.

The CDs that I have previously copied all continue to play perfectly and the USB Superdrive that I use will play CDs normally - it appears to be only the copying facility that is affected.

Can you advise as to what the problem might be and how it can be remedied.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Steve Wilton

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 27, 2022 1:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2022 8:12 AM

Hey Steve,

It appears that you're having a problem importing songs from CDs using your SuperDrive. Once imported, the songs won't play and you receive a message that the file is corrupted, and some of the songs aren't imported at all. We're glad to glad to provide assistance.

Get help with the slot-loading SuperDrive on your Mac computer - Apple Support -- First, see if anything in this article helps.

Play CDs in Music on Mac - Apple Support -- Do the songs on the CD play correctly through the Music app? If they don't, check the CD you're importing from for any irregularities.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support -- If they play as expected, restart your Mac in safe mode and see if you're able to import all of them without any corruption. Once you've tested, restart your Mac normally to exit safe mode. Please be aware: "When you start up in safe mode, your Mac prevents some software, such as startup items, from loading, and it performs a check of your startup disk. Your Mac may take longer to start up because of the check."

If you were able to import all of the songs, see if they import correctly again after exiting safe mode.

New user or group setup - Apple Support -- If they didn't import correctly in safe mode or wouldn't import after exiting, create a new Administrator account and see if you can import the songs there. This will demonstrate if there's an issue in your own account, or if the issue is either system-wide or there's a problem with your SuperDrive.

Please let us know the results when you're able by replying to this post.

All the best.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2022 8:12 AM in response to SkiptonSteve

Hey Steve,

It appears that you're having a problem importing songs from CDs using your SuperDrive. Once imported, the songs won't play and you receive a message that the file is corrupted, and some of the songs aren't imported at all. We're glad to glad to provide assistance.

Get help with the slot-loading SuperDrive on your Mac computer - Apple Support -- First, see if anything in this article helps.

Play CDs in Music on Mac - Apple Support -- Do the songs on the CD play correctly through the Music app? If they don't, check the CD you're importing from for any irregularities.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support -- If they play as expected, restart your Mac in safe mode and see if you're able to import all of them without any corruption. Once you've tested, restart your Mac normally to exit safe mode. Please be aware: "When you start up in safe mode, your Mac prevents some software, such as startup items, from loading, and it performs a check of your startup disk. Your Mac may take longer to start up because of the check."

If you were able to import all of the songs, see if they import correctly again after exiting safe mode.

New user or group setup - Apple Support -- If they didn't import correctly in safe mode or wouldn't import after exiting, create a new Administrator account and see if you can import the songs there. This will demonstrate if there's an issue in your own account, or if the issue is either system-wide or there's a problem with your SuperDrive.

Please let us know the results when you're able by replying to this post.

All the best.

Music Player - Corrupted Files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.