Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Superdrive Ripping Issues

Last week I bought an Apple Superdrive to work with my new MacBook Pro 14" with macOS Monterey 12.6, to digitalize my CD collection. I am happy with the Superdrive as it is sturdy, working intuitive and places everything well organized in my Music library. Up to now there is only one CD box including 4 CDs that the Superdrive is not able to digitalize properly. Superdrive gets the last 2 or 3 tracks of these 4 CDs only half ripped or not ripped at all. I really would like to know what the problem is. It seems the Superdrive has difficulties with the formatting of these CDs and I wonder why this is the case. The discs are produced by the Warner Music Group company, brand new, and all of average music length. Can anyone be of help in this matter?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 18, 2022 2:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 4:09 AM

Since things are working fine except for those particular Warner Brothers CDs, it is probably something about the CDs. If you want to do one more experiment, you can try with a different drive if one is available.

Similar questions

4 replies

Superdrive Ripping Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.