Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I move my photos into a folder and then delete it in the library..it deletes the photo I just put in the folder.

When I place a photo in my file. I notice it is still in my photos so I delete it. And then it deletes the photo I just put in a file

iMac 27″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 11:55 AM

The library holds all of your photos, even if they are in one or more albums. If you delete a photo from the library it is deleted from any albums as well.

This does not require more storage space; there is only one copy of the photo and it is displayed in multiple locations.

1 reply

When I move my photos into a folder and then delete it in the library..it deletes the photo I just put in the folder.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.