Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I do anything to upgrade my MacBook with “Model Identifier: MacBook1,1” running Mac OS X version 10.6.8 with a 2 GHz Intel Core Duo with 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM with about 39 GB available on the hard drive.

I have a MacBook with “Model Identifier: MacBook1,1” running Mac OS X version 10.6.8 with a 2 GHz Intel Core Duo with 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM with about 39 GB available on the hard drive. When I try to install OS X Yosemite I follow these steps:

1. I click on the https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211683 OS X Yosemite download.
  2. Next, I double-click on the download called “InstallMacOSX.dmg” file.
  3. Next, I open the disk image and then open the [InstallMacOSX.pkg] installer.
  4. The application “Installer” sits in the dashboard bouncing and unresponsive.

So, I copy/pasted the [InstallMacOSX.pkg] installer into the applications folder to try to get it to work and it opens the “Install OS X” dialog box and app. Then, a message appears saying:

“This package will run a program to determine if the software can be installed.

To keep your computer secure, you should only run programs or install software from a trusted source. If you are not sure about this software’s source, click Cancel to stop the program and installation.”

So, I click Continue and the following message appears:

“Alert

OS X 10.10 Yosemite requires a Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor.”

Then, the “Install OS X” dialog box and app shuts down. Also, I tried the same sequence of steps and received an almost identical result downloading OS X El Capitan. Should I recycle my MacBook?

MacBook

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 2:21 AM

The information I have seen is this computer dates back to 2006.

Predicated on that as correct, it would not qualify of OS X Yosemite - Technical Specifications

It may qualify for Lion or Mountain Lion

Similar questions

1 reply

Can I do anything to upgrade my MacBook with “Model Identifier: MacBook1,1” running Mac OS X version 10.6.8 with a 2 GHz Intel Core Duo with 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM with about 39 GB available on the hard drive.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.