Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage issues

Anyone receiving iMessage, but unable to send iMessages ? Having this frustrating issue here with a brand new iPhone 13.

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 8:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 11:56 PM

To activate iMessage and FaceTime using your Phone number

First, check to know whether you have an SMS plan enabled at least for One SMS with your carrier. Contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider) the agency that issued the SIM to you

If your iPhone is used with a carrier not found in the wireless carrier articles, make sure you can send and receive international SMS. (One SMS Only)

If you can't turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple ...

If the above process does not work then simply disable WiFi and enable iMessage over 4G

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2022 11:56 PM in response to Donibatman

To activate iMessage and FaceTime using your Phone number

First, check to know whether you have an SMS plan enabled at least for One SMS with your carrier. Contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider) the agency that issued the SIM to you

If your iPhone is used with a carrier not found in the wireless carrier articles, make sure you can send and receive international SMS. (One SMS Only)

If you can't turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple ...

If the above process does not work then simply disable WiFi and enable iMessage over 4G

Jan 27, 2022 8:49 PM in response to Donibatman

Me too! I have the iPhone 13 pro max and I got it monday (today is Thursday). Everything worked perfect until the next morning is when the iMessage started messing up. Apple support and my carrier were contacted. Apple suggested getting a new phone. We got a new one and a new SIM card. Worked for 45

minutes then quit working again. did the problem resolve after 24 hours? Apple suggested it might just need that long to reactivate iCloud?

Jan 28, 2022 7:41 AM in response to Kjay1298

I’ve tried all that hard reset, turned airplane mode off and on, logged off iCloud, reset my phone, tried a new SIM card and nothing.

Mine hasn’t worked since Tuesday. I went to my carrier and spoke to Apple and there’s nothing they were able to do. All they said was “that’s weird.”

This is a brand new iPhone and my carrier was going to give me a refurbished one and I would have to pay taxes again for some bs that’s not even our fault.

im guessing it has to do with Apple and not the carrier, I’ve been reading too many messages about iMessages not working after the iOS 15.2. Update.

iMessage issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.