Related Article: If you see a Cellular, Ultra Wideband, or Apple Pay Issue message after an iOS update or restart

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What to do if 'Cellular Update Failed' Error Appeared On The Device After An IOS update?

What to do if 'Cellular Update Failed' Error Appeared On The Device After An IOS update?

My device model is an Iphone X. It automatically update it's IOS version from 15.1 to the latest version which is 15.2.1, then after installing this error appeared. Now i can't use my cellular data, can't send a message, or make a call. What I must do to solve the problem? Please help. Thank you.

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 11:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 7:15 AM

From If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support:

Check for a Carrier Settings update

To manually check for and install a carrier settings update:

1. Make sure that your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network.
  2. Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see an option to update your carrier settings.
  3. To see the version of carrier settings on your device, tap Settings > General > About and look next to Carrier.

If you insert a new SIM card into your iPhone or iPad, you need to download the carrier settings for your new carrier.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2022 7:15 AM in response to AnjCanasa

From If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support:

Check for a Carrier Settings update

To manually check for and install a carrier settings update:

1. Make sure that your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network.
  2. Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see an option to update your carrier settings.
  3. To see the version of carrier settings on your device, tap Settings > General > About and look next to Carrier.

If you insert a new SIM card into your iPhone or iPad, you need to download the carrier settings for your new carrier.

tt2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.