Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone: Slow or can't download music on iTunes

Ive just gotten a new iPhone, my old 5s did not work well anymore and now I have a iPhone 13 pro max.

• With my old phone, I would get songs down in a few seconds, all the time.

But Now, it says on the songs that it takes like 7 min etc, but it had been days on it hardly moves.

I can download apps, videos, instagram, youtube etc, no problems and soo fast. I can download music and new songs on my other devices and can play them.

I have 5G internett, same internett same password, and it is very few times its being slow.

I tried transferring my old stuff from my old phone, but that did not work. (Of course I know now)

So I have deleted/reprogrammed my new phone 2 times.

I have started downloading 2 songs, one day it says 7 min and next day it is almost downloaded, but now its back on square 1 again. In my music, it says that I have 4 downloads, but Ive only done 2. The 3 one is just gray w music symbol.

Should I restart my phone again, or is it something else?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, 15

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 2:39 AM

4 replies

Jan 27, 2022 8:23 AM in response to sligc449

Hello sligc449,

From your post it appears you are having an issue downloading music.

We would suggest that you try to isolate the issue further.

Try downloading on cellular, than on Wi-Fi, and see if the issue remains.

Tap on Settings Wi-Fi, and toggle Wi-Fi off. Restart the iPhone. Try and download a track. This setting will force the iPhone to us cellular data.

After testing, toggle Wi-Fi back on. Then tap on Settings > Cellular and toggle Cellular Data off. With Wi-Fi toggled on, this will force the device to use Wi-Fi only.

Go ahead and test again.

These results should help point you towards finding where the issue is.

Have a good day.

Jan 30, 2022 1:49 PM in response to Sharon_419

Hi, sorry for a late reply.

I have been talking to apple support by phone, the last week and they could not find the problem.

But I live in Norway, so maybe some things/info have a slower tempo getting here.

I did also became a part of Apple music, and nothing did change, nor could I play music/videos either.

Before I started, I had both on, on my phone, Wi-Fi and Cellular.

- (In Norway Cellular is Phone Data, So it tok me a few min understanding that)

I did try both tonight, and after I tried the first step:

(Try downloading on cellular, than on Wi-Fi, and see if the issue remains.

Tap on Settings Wi-Fi, and toggle Wi-Fi off. Restart the iPhone. Try and download a track. This setting will force the iPhone to us cellular data.)

And I was so happy, pressed on a song and just after a few seconds, the song was downloaded and I could play it.

I was so happy!

Then I tried the 2 step, no cellular and only Wi.fi again:

It was back to the way it was before, almost standing still on downloading, but no downloading.

I tried something different, In my apartment I have 2 Internett adresses, they are both the same one but one is 5G and the other is not.

Since started using my new phone, I had it normally on 5G.

(But, when I thought about it. I was not sure,

checked my phone company and where I live there is still 4G, and 4G+, but they hope getting 5G everywhere by 2022 )

- (I have 5G on my laptop most on the time too, but sometimes i need to change to the other one, if it stop working or is slow).

Anyway, back to the iPhone:

After turning it on again, the 5G one was not there, so I chose the normal one.

Tried downloading, it worked! Tried playing it worked, and no interruptions! Now I tried Apple Play, it worked too! Now I can download and play music! And see Music-Videos/Listen to music on Apple Music.

Im so happy now, I was really worried I had done something to my new phone.

But Im not sure what was wrong, or what the real problem was,

Can you explain it to me? Im pretty sure the people from Apple that tried to help me over the phone, would be happy getting the info.

PS, thank you so much for your help!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

I have not had a new phone in almost 10 year now, (iPhone 5s) and this was so frustrating and tiring,

that just one thing did not work.

Happy salutes from

sligc449

New iPhone: Slow or can't download music on iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.