Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Videos won't play on various sites after updating my MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017) to OS Monterey

I never had this problem before. This happened directly after updating to Monterey.

Most video sites like Instagram, Twitter, Reddit etc. won't play for me at all. Sometimes I get i still images while audio plays for a few seconds until that eventually stops or the video keeps loading without any sort of progress.

I have 4 different Browsers with two that I don't even use to test this, and they all seem to have the same problem, so I don't think things like cookies, caches or extensions are affecting the videos.

Does anyone know a solution to this?

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 4:59 PM

10 replies

Apr 9, 2022 4:19 AM in response to nanak1234

Anything that appears on this list needs immediate attention.

Adware - Adware detected.

Low disk space - This computer is running critically low on free hard drive space.

High battery cycle count - Your battery may be losing capacity.

A - 1 Should “ Certain & Specific Software “ referenced from above be installed - it will negatively impact macOS. It is suggested, to download directly from a respected ASC Contributor, the application Malwarebytes for Mac

It is free or paid for added features. 

Run the Application and it should remove the malware / adware. Once done, restart computer and test.

A - 2 - If this condition is not Immediately addressed and fixed - the computer may cease to Boot Up At ALL

What is “Other” storage on a Mac, and how can I clean it out?

Free up storage space on your Mac

OmniDiskSweeper Safe to use

GrandPerspective 

How to delete Time Machine snapshots on your Mac

See used and available storage space on your Mac

Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

The final word from Apple on Managing the " Other " Category

Other: Contains files that don’t fall into the categories listed here. This category primarily includes files and data used by the system, such as log files, caches, VM files, and other runtime system resources. Also included are temporary files, fonts, app support files, and plug-ins. You can't manage the contents of this category. The contents are managed by macOS, and the category varies in size depending on the current state of your Mac.

A - 3 Batteries are considered Consumable Products. Over time it will degrade to a point where it needs to be replaced. The usage is normal as the capacity will go up and down all the time and never stay always at 100%. Apple Batteries are rated for 1000 Full Battery Cycles and / or 80% Capacity before needing Evaluation or replacement.

Feb 23, 2022 1:44 PM in response to melillo

Saying you can not play videos is too generic and general an assertion.

No Videos from any and all websites ?

No Videos from a specific source ?

Details and context will really help to start to understand the specific issue at hand.

Strongly suggest following the advise of @Luis Sequeria 1 and download and run the suggested Application and post the Full Disk Access report

Videos won't play on various sites after updating my MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017) to OS Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.