Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photos

I recently got a new phone and I backed up my old phone then i set up my new phone and backed it up using the back up from the old phone. Then once I backed it up I went to my old phone and deleted all the photos. From there I went to the storage on my phone and deleted a backup, but I I deleted it because it was taking up space and I thought if I delete that one it would make room for the new one. I went to photos a couple days later and my photos are all gone? Is there anyway I can get the photos back?

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 8:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 8:13 PM

Tavian000 Said:

"iCloud Photos: [...]I went to photos a couple days later and my photos are all gone? Is there anyway I can get the photos back?"

-------

Retrieving Lost Files:

Have performed so much deletions it may be less likely. However, try the following. What's the file type? If they do not reside in any backup of sorts, then it is gone.

Troubleshooting Lost Photos:

If you are trying to retrieve Photos, then refer to the following...

Three Tactics to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud, Directly:

For Photos: Go here, and see if they reside in iCloudhttps://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Where Else to Check:

1. PC
  2. PDA
  3. eMail
  4. Mac Device
  5. Cloud Storage
  6. Android Phone
  7. USB Flash Drive
  8. External Hard drive
  9. Secure Digital Card
  10. Compact Flash Card

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2022 8:13 PM in response to Tavian000

Tavian000 Said:

"iCloud Photos: [...]I went to photos a couple days later and my photos are all gone? Is there anyway I can get the photos back?"

-------

Retrieving Lost Files:

Have performed so much deletions it may be less likely. However, try the following. What's the file type? If they do not reside in any backup of sorts, then it is gone.

Troubleshooting Lost Photos:

If you are trying to retrieve Photos, then refer to the following...

Three Tactics to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud, Directly:

For Photos: Go here, and see if they reside in iCloudhttps://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Where Else to Check:

1. PC
  2. PDA
  3. eMail
  4. Mac Device
  5. Cloud Storage
  6. Android Phone
  7. USB Flash Drive
  8. External Hard drive
  9. Secure Digital Card
  10. Compact Flash Card

iCloud Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.