Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use my apple watch series 7 fast charger with my apple watch series 6 or will it damage the battery?

Can I use my apple watch series 7 fast charger with my apple watch series 6 or will it damage the battery?

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 8

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 5:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 7:33 PM

When to charge your iPhone or iPad - Apple Community

"You can charge an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch with any quality USB-A or USB-C power source and matching cable. Essentially any Apple power source and cable that fit into the connectors at either end are compatible and safe to use. There will be performance differences, with USB-C faster than USB-A to charge, but they will all work (except that a USB-A “cube” doesn’t have sufficient power to charge an iPad). For an iPhone 12 or later you can fast charge using a 20 watt or higher power USB-C that meets the PD spec. The Apple 20 watt and higher is PD compatible, but not all 3rd party power sources are yet." This also applies to the Apple watch.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2022 7:33 PM in response to iPadPro_Spinning

When to charge your iPhone or iPad - Apple Community

"You can charge an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch with any quality USB-A or USB-C power source and matching cable. Essentially any Apple power source and cable that fit into the connectors at either end are compatible and safe to use. There will be performance differences, with USB-C faster than USB-A to charge, but they will all work (except that a USB-A “cube” doesn’t have sufficient power to charge an iPad). For an iPhone 12 or later you can fast charge using a 20 watt or higher power USB-C that meets the PD spec. The Apple 20 watt and higher is PD compatible, but not all 3rd party power sources are yet." This also applies to the Apple watch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.