Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone sync to Mac

When syncing my iPhone XS (iOS 15.2.1) to my Mac mini (Mac OS 12.2)...

I always get screenshot below in red

This is the Finder sync of the iPhone.

Takes a long time if it actually finishes

AppleTV and Music don't go red.

Mac mini, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 5:36 PM

13 replies

Jan 28, 2022 6:45 AM in response to Chris CA

Being the Veteran one is please excuse the following if already attempted >>

1 - Safe Mode has it been tried and what were the results. Same issue or no issue ?

2 - No issue - some piece of Third Party software is playing up.

3 - Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac and log out to primary account and into the dummy account and test

4 - The Finder Not Responding is worrisome and not 100% certain how to fix it except to Force Quit and re-launch. Or perhaps Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac

5 - This one may appear as insulting to a Veteran of your Calibre and pardon me if it is >>

Suggest downloading the Application Etrecheck directly from a well Respected ASC Contributor. And Safe to use.

The application is free or paid from added features. 

Run the application with Full Disc Access ( Security & Privacy - Full Disc Access ).

It will take a Snap Shot -  both the hardware and software.

The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. 

Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last )

We can have a look at the report for possible issues and may have possible suggestions to resolve the issues.

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS, alter, modify, remove or delete or attempt to do so is an invitation for disaster and may require a Reinstallation of the OS.

This includes AntiVirus, Disk Cleaners, Disk Optimizes, UnInstaller etc.

This will include CleanMyMac 

This will include BitDefender 

The The Built in Security  is all that is required.

iPhone sync to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.