Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you reset a partially viewed episode?

Hello

I've watched every episode of a season on Apple TV + but one episode keeps showing as only partially watched.

It shows the progress bar not even halfway to the end.

I've let the episode play completely through several times but it continues to show the episode not completely watched.

I'm watching a different Apple TV + series now and every time I'm finished watching an episode of it, a section appears on the screen showing the particular episode of the the other series as not completely watched.

Is there some way to fix that?

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 7:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 6:48 PM

On Apple TV 4K, in the TV app, see if the episode (rather than the show) is listed in Up Next.

If not, then go the to show’s Details page to highlight the episode that you want to edit.

With the episode highlighted, click-and-hold to bring up the contextual menu for that selection. Then select ‘Mark Episode as Watched’.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2022 6:48 PM in response to P Fleming

On Apple TV 4K, in the TV app, see if the episode (rather than the show) is listed in Up Next.

If not, then go the to show’s Details page to highlight the episode that you want to edit.

With the episode highlighted, click-and-hold to bring up the contextual menu for that selection. Then select ‘Mark Episode as Watched’.

Jan 28, 2022 4:59 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Sorry, it's the latest Apple TV 4K generation.

I turned the device off overnight thinking that might reset something but the episode is still showing as only partial watched.

So far everything else seems to be working properly with regards to watching episodes on the device.

Don't know if this would have anything to do with it but I'm 2 months into the 3 month free trial period since buying the Apple TV.

How do you reset a partially viewed episode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.