Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 14 memory management problems

I recently bought MacBook Pro 14 base model. It is not needed to say its best sides but I also want to report a problem I read all over the internet - bad RAM management.

I have the latest software installed (12.1 I think) and still when I open multiple sites in Safari it says It’s run out of memory. This is not serious! This device costs a price which do not even suppose to have such problems. Did you guys hear of a solution coming on?

A few days ago, my battery drained from 100% to around 80% within just 50 mins and my laptop has stayed just opened with 3-4 opened Safari windows but non of them were active. In other words, only Safari app was opened but no stream what so ever… it was just staying on the table fully charged, and about an hour after, I just noted that the battery was about 80%. This I believe has something to do with this awful memory management.

Has anyone had similar experiences?

Bobi’s iPad Pro 9.7"

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 1:46 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jan 28, 2022 3:34 AM in response to ku4hx

Thank you for this advice, but where I live this policy is not possible :) the only way is to return in the repair centers but I don’t want to do so as the “experts” there will just give it back to me saying it is within Apples thresholds. It is how it works here in Bulgaria :)

And moreover, I believe the problem comes straight out from Apple because their imperfect OS. They just release a new software just to meet some deadlines rather than to make it flawless before releasing, like they used to do 7-8 years ago :)

Jan 28, 2022 3:06 AM in response to BobiLukanov

If you feel your Mac is not working properly, you need to have Apple evaluate it for possible warranty work. If it's still within the return period you can return it no questions asked.

I'm sure others have had similar problems, the likelihood of you being the only user in existence with this problem is pretty remote. But, if your unit is malfunctioning, you need to deal with it and that means an Apple hands-on look for possible warranty adjustment.

Jan 28, 2022 3:21 AM in response to steve359

I just did it :) nothing has changed. It still used RAM abnormally :( it is ridiculous for top-tier computer, but obviously Apple has forgotten why people really buy their products - for reliability, smoothness and trouble-free user experience. Nowadays with their recent OSs they are not any different than crappy Windows OS :( it is what it is

MacBook Pro 14 memory management problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.