Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone connected to PC - annoying prompts

Hi, every time I plug my iPhone 12Pro Max to my Windows11/10 Dell Laptop I am prompted to Allow this device to access photos and videos. Is there a way to save the setting of Allow? I talked to Apple support - they said it is windows issue. I talked to Dell and they said it is an Apple issue. I searched the internet for solutions and found one that seemed to have worked for people that involves an Apple folder under the Common Files but I don't have that folder in my system. It sees this community is my last resort in solving an annoying user experience issue.

Thank you!

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 6:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 8:31 AM

Hi, every time I plug my iPhone 12Pro Max to my Windows11/10 Dell Laptop I am prompted to Allow this device to access photos and videos. Is there a way to save the setting of Allow?

Try this -> on Windows PC -> start iTunes -> tap Account -> select Authorizations -> Authorize this computer. 

9 replies

Jan 28, 2022 12:59 PM in response to Raicya

1. I have a list of apps such as LinkedIn, Instagram, Outlook that have various permission levels. "then check if the app have Read & Write permissions." What app did you mean in particular? It almost needs an app for my laptop that the phone recognizes and gives access like for the rest of the apps; I don't have to allow a picture to be attached in an outlook email every time I send one.
  2. Does Content & Privacy Restrictions need to be on (green) or off (greyed out). Mine was off and everything below was greyed out. Photos was as Allow changes but was greyed out.

Jan 28, 2022 10:49 AM in response to Raicya

Raicya, thanks for tying to help with the issue. The messaged doesn't appear only when iTunes is running. I trusted the computer in the same way as the articles you provided. I also closed iTunes after the changes. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. I continue to get the same message. During experimentation, when plugging in the phone while iTunes is running the message doesn't appear (this is consistent). This is good, but when I close iTunes and disconnect the phone and connected again with iTunes not running the message appears again. In conclusion, the messaged doesn't appear only when iTunes is running.

Also, I get the "Solved" marking on your messages but the issue is not solved. I am not sure if I am setting this erroneously but the issue is not solved yet.

Jan 28, 2022 11:11 AM in response to GolderDelicious

but when I close iTunes and disconnect the phone and connected again with iTunes not running the message appears again.

That's strange.

When I do that here, all I hear is a beep.

Try the following again:

iTunes -> Account -> Authorizations  -> Deauthorize the computer.

iTunes -> Account -> Sign Out.

Quit iTunes.

Restart iTunes -> Account -> Sign In.

Account -> Authorizations  -> Authorize this computer.

Quit iTunes.

Restart the computer.

Is the computer & iTunes up to date?

In Windows OS computer, the antivirus application is often the malfunctioning factor.

I don't use an antivirus application here on my Windows PC.

Jan 28, 2022 12:05 PM in response to Raicya

Still the same after the restart. I repeated the steps one more time after that - up to restart. I reauthorized the computer. I had signed-in etc. I am using Windows 11. iTunes is 12.12.2.2 - it is set to automatically update (I don't use iTunes at all). I also tried different thunderbolt ports on my laptop and docking station. I restarted my phone too. I updated my phone to 15.3.

Jan 28, 2022 11:33 PM in response to GolderDelicious

after an experiment, my phone began to act odd. missing messages, icloud and settings where taking my time from enjoy my apps before this experiment. still to this day my phone is just not right... as if someone has a duplicate and we go back and forth changing the way it works. true, will in that experience i had another phone go missing. i will not to anyone type any personal information on that experience or experiment. i only seek to have my phone in my hand now. be the iphone i know. how do i get back all my information, apps, settings, medias that i have every associated with while having apple? thank you god

iPhone connected to PC - annoying prompts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.